Gift Card Fraud: What is happening?
As Andy's continues to grow, we're starting to experience more instances of attempted fraud, particularly with our gift cards. Here are some rules for Andy's Gift Cards:
- Andy's Gift Cards can only be used at Andy's stores. No legitimate government entity, including the IRS, Treasury Department, FBI or local police department, will accept any form of gift cards as payment.
- Andy's reserves the right to refuse to honor a card where Andy's suspects the card was obtained fraudulently.
- Other businesses do not accept payments in the form of Andy's Gift Cards.
- Do not purchase or sell Andy's Gift Cards on online marketplaces.
- Gift cards cannot be purchased with other gift cards.
- Gift cards cannot be separated into multiple additional gift cards. (For example, we will not be able to take a $100 gift card you have and separate it into two $50 gift cards.)
- Don't purchase a gift card if it appears that it has been altered or manipulated. If you have questions about a gift card, ask someone who works at that store.
- Don't click on or respond to online ads or websites offering free gift cards. These are often scams.
- If you think you’ve been the victim of a gift card scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
- For more information on the subject, please review this page on the FTC website: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0182-gift-cards